|Birth Date||6 June 1961|
|Hometown||Bexar County, Texas|
|Known For||Tiger King star & animal activist|
Retrieved from abc.com
Carole Baskin is the founder and CEO of Big Cat Rescue, the world's most influential, accredited rescue facility for exotic cats. She and her family volunteer for the Tampa-based nonprofit as unpaid staff and have 100+ volunteers and a dozen interns from around the world. Successfully rehabilitating and releasing a number of bobcats and other native animals since 1992, Baskin and the organization have been featured on CNN, Animal Planet, Discovery, People Magazine, The Today Show, Sports Illustrated, local media outlets, and many more national and international programs. She also recently gained public attention in Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness, Netflix's documentary series about Oklahoma-based private zoo operator Joe Exotic in a true murder-for-hire story from the underworld of big cat breeding. Over the years, Baskin has lectured in Costa Rica, Mexico, Panama, Brazil, Australia, and countless cities across the U.S. as the host of Big Cat Rescue's Cat Chat Show, a live interview with cat experts from around the world. Additionally, she lectures at universities, law colleges and in numerous animal association conferences on cage construction, legislative affairs, and sanctuary standards.
Dancing with the Stars 29
She is partnered with Pasha Pashkov. They placed 14th.
|Week #||Dance / Song||Judges' Scores||Result|
|1||Paso Doble / "Eye of the Tiger"||4||4||3||No elimination|
|2||Viennese Waltz / "What's New Pussycat"||6||5||5||Bottom two|
|3||Samba / "Circle of Life"||5||4||3||Eliminated|
- She moved in with Michael Murdock, her boss at the department store where she worked, when she was 17.
- They were married on 7 April 1979.
- Their daughter, Jamie Veronica, was born on 16 July 1980.
- She left her husband in 1981 after he attempted to attack her.
- She began a relationship with Don Lewis while they were both still married.
- They both divorced their partners and were married in 1991.
- Lewis disappeared in 1997 and was declared legally dead in 2002.
- The case of his disappearance is still open as of 2020.
- She began a relationship with Howard Baskin in 2002.
- They got engaged in November 2003.
- They were married in November 2004.