|Birth Date||4 January 1979|
|Hometown||San Jose, California|
|Known For||The Real co-host|
|Highest Score||25 (Rumba & Paso Doble)|
|Lowest Score||18 (Salsa & Cha-Cha-Cha)|
Originally retrieved from abc.com
Emmy® Award-winning host Jeannie Mai appears each weekday in the nationally syndicated talk show The Real and ABC's hit summer series Holey Moley. Mai serves as a sideline correspondent for the extreme mini-golf competition series. In 2018, Mai and her fellow The Real co-hosts received a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Host. A style expert and producer, Mai recently launched her web series titled Hello Hunnay, which takes fans on her journey through fashion, fitness, finances and relationships. Mai also hosts the podcast Listen Hunnay. Deeply committed to charities that advance women's interests, Mai serves as a board member for various organizations, including Dress for Success and Same Sky. As a first-generation daughter of immigrant Vietnamese and Chinese parents, Mai strives to give back to her homeland by traveling to Asia to volunteer her time with organizations dedicated to helping those who are less fortunate. For the last several years, she has served as an advocate to fight human trafficking and has been an ambassador for the Pacific Links Foundation, Step Up, Nightlight International, Not For Sale, and Heartbeat Vietnam. In 2017, Mai executive produced Stopping Traffic: The Movement to End Sex Trafficking, a documentary that investigates the international crisis of human sex trafficking from a deeply personal point of view. She is currently working on the follow-up.
Dancing with the Stars 29
She is partnered with Brandon Armstrong. She withdrew due to being hospitalized. They placed 9th.
|Week #||Dance / Song||Judges' Scores||Result|
|1||Salsa / "Tell it to My Heart"||6||6||6||No elimination|
|2||Cha-Cha-Cha / "Roses"||6||6||6||Safe|
|3||Viennese Waltz / "Married Life"||7||7||8||Safe|
|4||Tango / "Seven Nation Army"||7||7||7||Safe|
|5||Jazz / "Like a Virgin"||8||8||8||Safe|
|6||Rumba / "You Gotta Be"||8||8||9||Safe|
|7||Paso Doble / "Maneater"||8||9||8||Bottom two|
|8||Charleston / "Shout"
Viennese Waltz relay / "I Have Nothing"
- She is the second person from The Real to compete in the show.
- She is the first Vietnamese contestant to compete in the show.
- She was forced to withdraw from the show on 2 November, due to being diagnosed with epiglottitis, a potentially life-threatening condition that causes swelling and blocks airflow to the lungs.
- She converted from Buddhism to Christianity.
- She married Freddy Harteis 11 August 2007.
- They filed for divorce 20 October 2017. It was finalized in December 2018.
- In September 2019, she confirmed her relationship with rapper Jeezy.
- They announced their engagement 6 April 2020.
- They were married 27 March 2021.
- On 14 December 2020, it was announced that she would compete in Celebrity Wheel of Fortune. On 21 January 2021, she competed in the third episode alongside her Holey Moley co-stars Rob Riggle and Joe Tessitore. She won $40,150 for her charity No Kid Hungry.