|Birth Date||April 25, 1944|
|Hometown||Bromley, London, England|
|Season(s)|| Season 1|
Retrieved from abc.com
Len Goodman has been a head judge on Strictly Come Dancing, the original UK version of Dancing with the Stars. He was a professional dancer and dance teacher, and now runs his own successful dance school in Kent, England, where he resides. Having performed his entire adult life, specializing in the form of Ballroom called "Exhibition" dancing, Goodman has won the British Exhibition four times and was the runner up in the Exhibition World Championships. He has also been awarded the British Rising Star Award, the Carl Allen Award and, most recently, a Lifetime Achievement Award. In addition he is an accomplished judge of Latin American and Ballroom professional dance competition, serving as a regular at the World and British Championships.
- Len was married to Cherry Kingston from 1972-1987.
- He was in a relationship with a woman named Lesley, with whom he has a son.
- His son, James William Goodman, was born in 1981.
- In 2012 he married his companion for over ten years, Sue Barrett.
- His favorite football team is West Ham.
- He was diagnosed with prostrate cancer in March 2009.
- It was treated surgically in London and he is now cancer free.